This material belongs to: 9 News.
A Saudi prince detained in a five-star hotel during this month’s anti-corruption crackdown has been released after reportedly agreeing to pay $A 1.3 billion.
An unnamed Saudi Official told Bloomberg News he had agreed to pay $1b ($A1.3b) in a “settlement deal” with authorities.
He was among 200 royal family members, ministers and businessmen rounded up on November 4 during an anti-corruption drive.
“Yes, Prince Miteb was released this morning [Tuesday],” a source close to the government told the Agence France-Presse news agency.
Prince Miteb was sacked as minister in charge of the National Guard, the force responsible for protecting the royal household hours before his detention.
It boasts a bowling alley, gym, ballrooms, restaurants and massive indoor pools.
The 65-year-old son of the late King Abdullah was detained under the orders of a newly formed anti-corruption committee headed by his 32-year-old cousin, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, regarded as the future monarch of the desert kingdom.
Saudi officials have stressed the anti-corruption drive was aimed at recovering $130b in ill-gotten assets and not a power play by Crown Prince Mohammed.
In an interview with the New York Times published last week, Crown Prince Mohammed said 95 percent of those detained agree to a “settlement”, or handing back illegally gained assets or cash to the Saudi government.
© Nine Digital Pty Ltd 2017